Please join us for our upcoming “faith walk” on Saturday 18th June 3pm, to be followed by refreshments. All are welcome.
- 3pm: meet at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Highworth Road, Swindon SN3 4QS (turn off the main road by the Rat Trap pub and fire station and follow road round and go through church gates to find ample free parking in the church car park)
- 3-5pm: Interfaith walk stopping at a few sites of significance to some faith groups in Swindon, with brief background information provided at each site
- 5-6pm: refreshments back at the start point and an opportunity to chat with members of other faith groups
Below is a simple sketch of the walk. Approximate total distance is 6.6 km (or 4.4 miles).
The walk is from 1 to 3 and return, and is generally flat and on a well-defined route.
1. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
2. Muslim burial plots in Kingsdown Cemetery
3. Holy ground of the Family Federation for Worldwide Peace and Unification (snack provided, and toilet available here)
N.B. Those wishing to walk a shorter distance are welcome to return earlier to the church building at 1.